Saturday 29 May 2010

Bristol Con Aftermath!


Hey everyone! Well I'm happy to report that the Bristol Con 2010 was very successful. I sold lots of stuff, met lots of lovely people and basically had a lot of fun. And the best thing of the weekend was that I was asked by Richard Starkings, creator of the comic 'Elephantmen' to make some sculptures of his characters! I'll admit to never having read it, or even knowing who he was, but he walked past my table as I was packing up and started to talk to me about my Usagi Yojimbo figurine. I told him my prices and what references I would need, he went away and came back wth 3 huge compendiums of his comic and gave them to me! So that's my reading sorted for a few weeks, and I can't wait to get started on some sculptures for him.

I've loaded everything I didn't sell onto etsy and folksy, please check them out!



I'm at http://mooglybear.folksy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment